Votes

Remote backup Omada Controller 200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-20 18:18:16 - last edited 2022-05-24 09:02:36

I have been using Unifi equpipment for years, and was quite happy to find an alternative using the Omada line.  I have been transitioning all of my new customers to Omada, as I have not found any issues in my testing, until today.  Hopefully it's not an issue, and I am just missing something.  How do I backup a site remotely?  I can't think of any limiting factors that should prevent this.  I have many customers out in various areas within 3-4 hour drives.  Remote backup capabilities is a must.  When logging in to the Omada Cloud to access the controller, it will not let me "backup to file".  Says you can't do this from the cloud.  Which makes no sense.  The whole reason to have this equipment is for complete remote management.  If I need to make any remote changes for a client,  I need to be able to back this up remotely.  Unifi has this ability.  Please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote backup Omada Controller 200
2022-05-20 22:42:34 - last edited 2022-05-24 09:02:36

RSCW wrote

I have been using Unifi equpipment for years, and was quite happy to find an alternative using the Omada line.  I have been transitioning all of my new customers to Omada, as I have not found any issues in my testing, until today.  Hopefully it's not an issue, and I am just missing something.  How do I backup a site remotely?  I can't think of any limiting factors that should prevent this.  I have many customers out in various areas within 3-4 hour drives.  Remote backup capabilities is a must.  When logging in to the Omada Cloud to access the controller, it will not let me "backup to file".  Says you can't do this from the cloud.  Which makes no sense.  The whole reason to have this equipment is for complete remote management.  If I need to make any remote changes for a client,  I need to be able to back this up remotely.  Unifi has this ability.  Please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

@RSCW If you want to do a backup & store offsite (always preferrable) then the only way to do it, is to VPN into the controller & backup to your computer.  

Failing that a simple backup to a USB memory stick plugged into the controller at each site, which can be triggered from the cloud.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.