WAN is down / internet cuts out every 5-10 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-21 04:00:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I've been having this issue for months, it's only gotten progressively worse over the last week. My wifi and wired networks will lose connection to the internet every 5 minutes. Videos will buffer, webpages fail to load, video calls (on a separate VLAN) buffer, etc. My phone's wifi indicates it's connected to wifi but with no internet while this happens. A few months ago I'd get "WAN is down" errors in the controller log, now I rarely get those.

Internet modem is connected, as verified by plugging in a computer directly to the modern and getting a strong connection. My ISP confirmed no issues on their end.

I'm running the following, all on the latest firmware, wiped to factory settings:

OC200

ER605

EAP245(Canada) v3.0

EAP235-Wall(Canada) v1 0

TL-SG1016PE switch (not Omada)

My switch is maxed out with devices connected, I'm also running a server with a 4 NIC network card but have since disconnected 2 of the ethernet cables to try to isolate the issue as I heard one bad NIC in your network can bring it all down.

Any help is appreciated. I'm desperate for help as this is starting to interfere with my ability to conduct work, etc.

Options
4 Reply
Re:WAN is down / internet cuts out every 5-10 minutes
2022-05-21 10:26:34

@Blacksburg 

Do you use VPN on ER605?

IPsec , L2TP, PPTP, OpenVPN

I have same issue and have to use firewall from another vendor to get it to work, VPN is very buggy on TP-Link routers.

after change vpn router to another vendor the breake is off and everything work again.

Options
2022-05-21 11:33:52

@shberge no I don't use vpn directly on the router. I did restart my server (since it hadn't been restarted in 85 days, during which my issue got progressively worse). After the restart my internet seems to be doing ok. I'll continue to monitor.

It's just frustrating because the issue can literally be anything, it's so hard to pinpoint.

Options
2022-05-21 15:12:21 - last edited 2022-05-21 15:23:53

@Blacksburg 

Ok, then there is probably another problem you have, if you find a solution then it is good if you post the solution here.

I have not had anything but a lot of problems with my routers, so I had to give up and I now do VPN on a non Tp-Link router, but I use a lot of VPN so that's probably where the main problem is.

I have also some sites with very simple configuration on ER605v1 and these have worked without problems, so it varies a bit how well the routers work.

I also run an automatic reboot of everything once a week on these sites. I do not think they work very long without it rebooting regularly.

Options
2022-10-13 15:24:18

Maybe you have the same problem as I have, Session Limit exceeded. See https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/552346?replyId=1140402

Kind regards, WhiteSasch Check out the www.valrosgaming.xyz community!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 4