Wireless e Vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless e Vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireless e Vlan
Wireless e Vlan
2022-05-26 16:13:53
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60697

I have a system with an OC200, 2 TL-SG2210MP v2.0 switches and 7 APs EAP225 (EU) v4.0. I have to configure 2 wireless networks, one only for the guests of the structure and another for the administrative offices equal to the wired network. The gateway is not TPLINK and I cannot make this configuration. I have created a "Guests" Vlan and a "Guests" wireless network connected to the same Vlan but the clients cannot get an ip address and they do not connect to the internet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless e Vlan
2022-05-26 18:05:10

Alfred74 wrote

I have a system with an OC200, 2 TL-SG2210MP v2.0 switches and 7 APs EAP225 (EU) v4.0. I have to configure 2 wireless networks, one only for the guests of the structure and another for the administrative offices equal to the wired network. The gateway is not TPLINK and I cannot make this configuration. I have created a "Guests" Vlan and a "Guests" wireless network connected to the same Vlan but the clients cannot get an ip address and they do not connect to the internet.

@Alfred74 What is your gateway router. Unless it is VLAN capable then creating VLAN's with the OC200 will not work.

If you have set up your basic network with ip's & DHCP allocated from the router, then just set up two wireless networks just not on VLAN's.  Use a good strong WPA2 password and away you go.  

Then create a second wireless network, NOT on a VLAN, but running on the main LAN BUT with 'Guest' selected on the setup page.  Again set a password, if required, or set it up on a Portal.

Simple but effective.

Options