Votes

Recommendation for a logging solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-02 22:31:46 - last edited 2022-06-17 21:58:21
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20220323

I recently purchased/installed a set of SDN compatible devices to replace ISP rentals and consumer devices: OC200, ER605, SG2008, SG2008P, EAP245.

One of the goals was to add some isolation between the various networked devices I have at home (~30, both wired and wireless).

I've created multiple networks and SSIDs according to FAQ 3091 (no ACLs yet after locking myself out the first time).

I'd like to monitor what's going in this state...

The Log view on the controller itself is pretty limited and if I check "Collect Clients' History Data", I'm told it is not recommend given limited storage.

Can the USB storage be used for this (beyond the explicit use for auto-backup)?

I've tried couple syslog servers (for Windows) and I've been underwhelmed...

Kiwi's Syslog Server contains no longer supported components (e.g. VC++ 2010 Redist), its install left the Web view useless by default and the free version does not include that Web viewer.

PRTG's syslog handling seems to be backwards. You have to add a device by syslog client (do all tp-link devices even emit to syslog?).

I used to prefer a Windows solution but I could be convinced to use something on Linux.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.