Disney+ and security camera issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-03 15:29:56 - last edited 2022-06-03 23:58:30
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I upgraded all my hardware last night and ran into multiple issues, although some of my devices are connected. I have an ER605 router, Netgear POE+ switch, and two EAP610 access points. 
First, the controller software does not recognize any of my devices, but I was able to directly sign into my router and APs over the internet interface. So they both have SSIDs and passwords. My phone and Apple TV are able to connect to my wireless signal.

However, the second issue is that my Simplisafe camera will not connect to the WAP to complete its setup. I ensured it connected to the 2.4Hz band; it pulls up the SSID and I input the password, but it won't connect. This camera was working on the old WAP which was a Ubiquiti.
Lastly, I tested my Apple TV and tried to watch a new release from Disney+ but it gave error code 11 and said this show is not available in my region (but I watched the episode the day before on the old wireless system). For some reason, it seems to think I'm watching over a VPN, but I don't have a VPN configured. 
I'm sure it's user error, but I'm not entirely thrilled with what is always sold as a seamless process. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disney+ and security camera issues
2022-06-07 02:49:35

@gcflythe 

1. meh. guess you talkin about the device name is like XX-XX-XX-XX? apple does a super good job on your privacy. i once turned off the private address for wifi and it immediately popped up something like your privacy is in jeopardy. what.. this is my router and nobody has access to it. how come. 

so, you want your router to know your apple devices? compare the private address to your client list on controller. you name the device manually. so, this is what i did for my products. i manually named each one of the device by matching them up. 

"pro" of privacy security by apple. 

2.  since you mention both controller and aps, do you have a dedicated 2.4ghz wifi your camera? no 5ghz enabled on that ssid.

wireless you created on controller applies to 2.4ghz and 5ghz(both on by default)

3. your disney plus, ok. this one, i assume that you use vpn but you denied that. so i googled it. too many devices streaming using your account?

check this one. i know stream media got very harsh restriction on sharing. netflix banned tons of sharing accounts and vpn(ips)

change your dns server maybe? but this one i am certain that is not a hardware/physical problem. it does not relates because the router/switch/ap, they are simply do what they do. not changing anything like your ip or block your contents. they are using whatever the can get from the isp. if they do this w/o your consent, it is a violation of privacy law. 

what's your ip? is that dynamic? contact your isp about this as well. see if they can change another ip address for you. i know isp can refresh your dynamic ip(WAN). 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 1

Related Articles