Controller will not recognize any devices, security camera won't connect, Disney+ region issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Controller will not recognize any devices, security camera won't connect, Disney+ region issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-03 16:27:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I upgraded all my outdated hardware last night and ran into multiple issues with the new hardware, although some of my devices are connected. I have an ER605 router, Netgear POE+ switch, and two EAP610 access points. 
First, the controller software does not recognize any of my devices, but I was able to directly sign into my router and APs over the internet interface. So they both have SSIDs and passwords. My phone and Apple TV are able to connect to my wireless signal.

However, the second issue is that my Simplisafe camera will not connect to the WAP to complete its setup. I ensured it connected to the 2.4Hz band; it pulls up the SSID and I input the password, but it won't connect. This camera was working on the old WAP which was a Ubiquiti.
Lastly, I tested my Apple TV and tried to watch a new release from Disney+ but it gave error code 11 and said this show is not available in my region (but I watched the episode the day before on the old wireless system). For some reason, it seems to think I'm watching over a VPN, but I don't have a VPN configured. 
I'm sure it's user error, but I'm not entirely thrilled with what is always sold as a seamless process.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Controller will not recognize any devices, security camera won't connect, Disney+ region issues
2022-06-03 18:27:48 - last edited 2022-06-03 21:33:29

@gcflythe I was having the same issue with my software controller detecting my EAP650s.  The fix was to allow the ports for the software controller to find the devices.  Have you open the ports on the host OS for the software controller?  Here is the link to the ports:

Which ports do Omada SDN Controller and Omada Discovery Utility use? (above Controller 5.0.15)

Let me know if this fixes it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles