snmp or ssh access to per-client stats

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-07 01:25:24 - last edited 2022-06-08 17:20:42
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20180411 Rel. 62961(5553)

I am trying to find a way to periodically gather per-wifi-client statistics from this access point. Primarily I am interested in bytes uploaded, bytes downloaded and time connected. I am currently running a shell script every two minutes, which can scrape this data from the web interface. However, this solution is a bit clunky because it logs out any currently logged in interactive user.

So, I'm trying to find a better way using either SNMP or SSH. I have enabled SNMP access, and dumped what I think is all of the read-only information that is available; but this seems to only include bytes transmitted/received for the whole interface, rather than per client.

I can get even closer with SSH, using the command "wlanconfig ath0 list" (and "wlanconfig ath10 list"), which gives me a list of each individual client connected, and includes the time connected ("ASSOCTIME"), but not, as far as I can tell, the bytes uploaded/downloaded. It does include "TXSEQ" and "RXSEQ" fields, which I was hopeful could somehow be correlated to bytes, except they only appear to be meaningfully populated on the 2.4GHz SSID anyway. I've tried poking around /proc for relevant information as well (and found, for example, /proc/ath0/clients_keys which gives me a list of clients).

Is there any way to collect these stats from SNMP or SSH?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 0

Related Articles