Disable LAN and WAN access in EAP via cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-09 00:47:20
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have two EAP235-Wall which are controlled via Omada OC200.

It happens that if a user connects a network cable to the ETH1 or ETH2 port, the user has normal access to the network and the internet.

How do I make it so that if a user puts a cable in these outputs he can't access anything? I want these EAPs to be used with WiFi only.  I've already verified on the OC200 that all ports in ETH Port Settings are disabled, but the user still gets access.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disable LAN and WAN access in EAP via cable.
2022-06-09 07:02:26

@ElTom 

I've already verified on the OC200 that all ports in ETH Port Settings are disabled, but the user still gets access.

Do you mean the settings as shown below?

If so, you may note these settings is only available for VLAN settings.

It does not mean that you can disable the EAP's network port without checking the box.
But based on this, I have a bold idea that you can try:

You can enable the ETH VLAN and enter a random number into it.
This number generally represents the VLAN ID, take 10 for example, which means that when a client connects to this port of the EAP, the data will be tagged with 10 when it comes into the EAP, but since there is no VLAN 10 setting in your network, the data will come in and the EAP will not know where it is going, so it should be able to prevent the client from being wired to the internet this problem.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles