iPhone Wifi Sync Discovery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-11 00:45:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Wanted to see if anyone has had issues getting the wifi sync from iPhone to iTunes to work with Omada hardware. It seemed like it used to work a few months ago but then suddenly it stopped being seen in iTunes. Not sure if there is a mDNS or Bonjour setting that was changed in a controller update or what. Anyone have this issue or any experience with this and maybe know if I am overlooking a setting to allow discovery?

Options
4 Reply
Re:iPhone Wifi Sync Discovery
2022-06-13 06:00:38

@smoysauce Try USB cable connection from iPhone to PC. If it still won't work, it could be iOS version issue.

Options
2022-06-13 12:46:17

@Somnus thanks for the suggestion. USB works and all that. If I use my old TPLink archer wifi router it works just fine too. But for some reason when using the Omada network it doesn't. Sometimes it will pop-up for a minute in iTunes but then when I try to sync, it goes away. So it makes me think something is being blocked. Maybe I'll try to systematically go through the settings and try disabling/enabling different things to see if something makes it work consistently.

Options
2022-06-14 04:26:20

@smoysauce What's the model number of your EAP? I guess it may also related to Guest Network or so on settings.

Options
2022-06-14 13:24:05

@Somnus Thanks again. EAP610 v2. I don't utilize guest networks. iPhone and laptop are on the same SSID, VLAN and all that and are pingable. Like I said, I am thinking something is blocking the bonjour or discovery service as it will occasionally pop-up for a bit but then disappear, so still trying to investigate that a bit.

Options