Nest Thermostat Nightmares

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-14 06:20:27
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220117 Rel.74491

Have been having Nest Thermostat disconnection (offline) nightmares. Lose connection daily. I put a new WAP within 2 feet of it, Relocated an old 2.4ghz DECT AT&T house phone base unit away from the thermostat, purchased a new Nest Learning Thermostat (it is hard wired, not on battery) and tweaked and twiddled network settings endlessly. It'll always come back online if I just turn the ring on the edge of it, if I am not near it I can sometimes remotely reboot my router to get the nest thermostat to come back online (that reboot makes it come back online only about 50% of the time). Any WiFi tweaks anyone can think of that will help resolve this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Nest Thermostat Nightmares
2022-06-15 06:26:28

@Luds What is the model number of your Access Point?

I feel like it is related to the wireless connection, not the router ER7206. If I'm not wrong tplink found compatible issue with Sonos speakers before.

Options
2022-06-15 13:32:28

@Somnus TL-ER7206 (router) Hardware v1.0 Firmware v1.2.1 (latest)<->TL-SG2218 (switch) Hardware v1 Firmware v1.1.2 (latest)<->EAP225-Outdoor(US) (WAP) Hardware v1.0 Firmware Version 5.0.9 (latest). Controlled by an OC300 (Controller) Hardware v1 Firmware v1.8.2 (latest). Weird but there was a firmware update for the TL-ER7206 router yesterday which could not be detected as available until the Controller was rebooted. Now how does that make any sense? Anyway, the router and Nest thermostat were both set as WPA2. I changed the Nest Thermostat WiFi to WPA, then also changed the router WPA mode from "WPA2-PSK / Auto" to "WPA/WPA2-PSK / Auto" and that seems to have resolved the issue after rebooting everything. Of course someone 150 miles away will sneeze and then the connection will be lost again but for now we are Ok - or we are for the last 18 hours or so. Sheesh.

Options
2022-06-16 10:51:19

@Luds check your thermostat battery level.  If its low it will power down the wifi.  I found this out the hard way.  You may need to replace NEST or rewire so it gets constant power. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 3

Related Articles