ER7206 1.2.1 firmware breaks WAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-19 12:49:46 - last edited 2023-02-02 13:13:02
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Tried upgrading thourgh OMada two times now. Both times in the end the router loses WAN connection with 'could not get IP address'. It seems initially ok, but after restart but after adopting/configuring by omada the WAN IP dont succeed. As soon as i downgrade to 1.2.0 it's up in no time.

So something break with the new firmware i suppose. Not in need of this version, but hope firmwares getting better in the future.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7206 1.2.1 firmware breaks WAN connection-Solution
2022-06-20 04:57:09 - last edited 2023-02-02 13:13:02

sandersomething wrote

Tried upgrading thourgh OMada two times now. Both times in the end the router loses WAN connection with 'could not get IP address'. It seems initially ok, but after restart but after adopting/configuring by omada the WAN IP dont succeed. As soon as i downgrade to 1.2.0 it's up in no time.

So something break with the new firmware i suppose. Not in need of this version, but hope firmwares getting better in the future.

Hi  @sandersomething 

May I know the the name of your Internet service provider? Which type of WAN connection did you choose? Is that Dynmic IP? 

Is there any error/warning can be seen on the Log?

If you can do the test again, please try enable Unicast DHCP. 

We did not hear any similar report before, your feedback is much appreciated and it may help other users!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 1.2.1 firmware breaks WAN connection-Solution
2022-06-20 04:57:09 - last edited 2023-02-02 13:13:02

sandersomething wrote

Hi  @sandersomething 

May I know the the name of your Internet service provider? Which type of WAN connection did you choose? Is that Dynmic IP? 

Is there any error/warning can be seen on the Log?

If you can do the test again, please try enable Unicast DHCP. 

We did not hear any similar report before, your feedback is much appreciated and it may help other users!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER7206 1.2.1 firmware breaks WAN connection
2022-06-20 08:38:30

@Hank21 

It's T-Mobile thuis in NL.

Dhcp based but I think they give out ip based on Mac address.

Also, I use iptv config, so there is additional vlan on wan.

So together maybe specific situation that fails.

Will try the unicast setting first on the old firmware later today then might try upgrade again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 2