Client names not persistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-19 13:44:50

Had to do a restore from file today on my OC200.., all went well apart from every client name has been lost from the configuration....

This is VERY ANNOYING..., as now the only way to restore this is to manually update each client name by hand (I have over 100)

@Fae This need sorting, client names MUST be saved and restored along with the rest of the configuration. Its also STUPID.., because every device I have has a DHCP reservation in the controller, with a DESCRIPTION..., why is this description not used for the client name by default instead of the MAC address (which is not any use to anyone...)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Client names not persistant
2022-06-19 13:55:39

@Tescophil 

what type of backup do you have? was it only settings then you get only settings on controller not client information.

Options
2022-06-19 14:02:09

@Tescophil 

Interesting.., says nothing about the in the docs, and UI 'implies' its just settings / settings + log data...

Its still ridiculous that I have so sit here and copy the names from my DHCP reservations list and past them into each client name field...

Options
2022-06-19 14:11:06

@Tescophil 

Yes i agree, and if you change name on a client this should be backed up when backup settings only.

so to get client information you have to du at last 7 days, but remember then only connected client the last 7 day is backed up.

to be sure to get all you have to do all time backup

Options
2022-06-20 04:47:09

Tescophil wrote

Had to do a restore from file today on my OC200.., all went well apart from every client name has been lost from the configuration....

This is VERY ANNOYING..., as now the only way to restore this is to manually update each client name by hand (I have over 100)

@Fae This need sorting, client names MUST be saved and restored along with the rest of the configuration. Its also STUPID.., because every device I have has a DHCP reservation in the controller, with a DESCRIPTION..., why is this description not used for the client name by default instead of the MAC address (which is not any use to anyone...)

Hi  @Tescophil 

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

This has been forwarded to the developer team for further evaluation.

To make your feature requests seen and voted by more people, I'd encourage you submit the feedback under the block of Requests & Suggestions. With more voice, the feature might have more chance to be supported earlier. Cheers!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 312

Replies: 4