TP-Link EAP series AP working with DFS channels in Canada?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 03:15:59
Tags: #EAP

Anyone know if TP-Link's EAP series of Access Points can access the DFS channels in Canada?

My search has revealed the latest models(EAP650 & EAP670) do work with DFS channels in the US but so far I haven't found a single post confirming they would work in Canada.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link EAP series AP working with DFS channels in Canada?
2022-06-28 08:16:23

@ndm275 

If I didn't guess wrong, your EAP's firmware should be CA version, it only supports Band4, no support DFS channel(Band 2.3).

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-06-29 08:04:57 - last edited 2022-06-29 08:06:26

@Virgo sorry but in a nutshell what is Band4 or Band2.3?   I'm more familiar of the DFS channels like UNII-2 or UNII-3.  I don't actually have an Omada AP yet and I'm doing research before purchasing. 

I'm just making up a list of pro's and cons against another brand and deciding which would work for my needs.

Options
2022-06-30 06:01:43

@ndm275 

You just need to simply google to find the answer you are looking for, the following keywords are available for reference: WiFi 5G band 1 2 3 4

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-07-08 06:11:50

@Virgo 

After some research it's become clear that Tp-Link doesn't support DFS channels in Canada.  I found this quite strange that their main competitor do support it but this is likely due to them paying for product certification in the Canadian market.  I understand why Tp-Link would only pay for US certification due to the size of the market.  It's unfortunate but I guess that's a business decision.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 4

Tags

EAP
Related Articles