Cameras offline in VPN. How to get them online?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-30 18:59:48
Model: VIGI C400HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 210702 Rel.61004n

I connected cameras in a VPN network (without any local NVR) and I use VIGI Security Manager 1.1.5.  I do have remote access to all camera settings but both cameras stay offline. How can I turn them online from my remote computer (via VPN)?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cameras offline in VPN. How to get them online?
2022-07-01 09:56:39

@akut 

If possible, it is easiest to bind to a cloud website, bind a TP-Link ID and you can manage it remotely.
With a configuration like your current one, you need to ensure that both your PC and camera are connected to the same VPN, making the PC think it is working under the same subnet as the Camera and ensuring it can communicate with each other.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Cameras offline in VPN. How to get them online?
2022-07-02 08:38:52

@Virgo

Apparently it does not work even though I am on the same VPN. I.e. I can control the camera, which also works only in the same subnet but the camera does not appear online and in live mode I can not see the stream. This is different if I was previously connected via Ethernet in the same network. Then the security manager remembers the correct URL and I can then access the stream remotely via VPN. But as soon as I close the camera in live view, I can no longer access it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 2

Related Articles