ER7206 Use different Dynamic DNS Services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-10 20:29:13
Tags: #Dynamic DNS Services
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.77113

Hello,

I got one simple question...

Is it in any way possible to use a different DYN DNS Service execpt the ones that are already provided on the router?

For me it's really frustrating because my provider can't give me an static IP address.

If there is no way to use a different service I probably have to switch to a different router. That would be very sad!frown

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 Use different Dynamic DNS Services
2022-07-11 11:26:59

@GreenDiscoverer 

On the router itself, you can use only what the router offers you. However, there are other options. All you need to have is a proper update client for the DDNS service you want to use. Check your DDNS service if they provide an update client you could use. Also, many products like NASes, DVRs and cameras come with built-in updaters. For example, I use the one that comes with my Synology NAS.

Kris K
Options
Re:ER7206 Use different Dynamic DNS Services
2022-07-14 09:11:05

@KJK okay... i was not even thinking about this idea. I got a synology so this will be the way i'm going probably.

but still.. why is it limited to these dyn dns services?

Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 2

Tags

Dynamic DNS Services
Related Articles