Getting wifi to building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Getting wifi to building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Getting wifi to building
Getting wifi to building
2022-07-11 11:04:12 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:21:45
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, 

Looking to get wifi from my house to a small building about 500ft away. The problem is that I don't have line of sight from the house. There's a barn between the house and the small building thats about 150ft from the house. I was planning on using two EAP610s or two EAP225s, one to get form the house to the barn and the other to get from the barn to the small buildong, where there is a sight line. Will this work? Am I able to have one of these outdoor APs on the barn but not connected to a router (just the poe adapter)? Will it still relay the sognal from the house down to small building?

Thanks,

Sam

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Getting wifi to building-Solution
2022-07-12 11:32:01 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:21:45

@samueilliam 

I have the EAP225-outdoor devices and work properly. Each EAP's wifi coverage radius is 100m above as tplink support told.

You can use several EAPs to set the Mesh, but the first one need to connect to your router wired, others can be wireless.

And this function need be set on the controller, and the hardware controller is the better choice.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting wifi to building-Solution
2022-07-12 11:32:01 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:21:45

@samueilliam 

I have the EAP225-outdoor devices and work properly. Each EAP's wifi coverage radius is 100m above as tplink support told.

You can use several EAPs to set the Mesh, but the first one need to connect to your router wired, others can be wireless.

And this function need be set on the controller, and the hardware controller is the better choice.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Getting wifi to building
2022-07-12 13:21:16

@Virgo, thank you for the response. I might hold off for the EAP610 in the hopes that it'll provide a bit more ranger. Good to know the setup will work though. Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 2

Related Articles