Bonding questions for T1500G-8T

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-14 14:06:16
Tags: #LAG
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have a question about bonding with the T1500G-8T. Here's my scenario:

I have a 1.5Gbps connection from my cable broadband provider (VM UK); however, their equipment only provides 1GbE LAN ports. All 4 LAN ports are bonded using balance-rr when the cable modem is placed into modem-only mode. My router is an ASUS RT-AX88U, which also only provides 1GbE WAN/LAN ports, but does support WAN link aggregation on the WAN and LAN4 using 802.3ad. Unfortunately it does not support balance-rr.

Would I be able to place a T1500G-8T switch between the two, bond 2 ports for 802.3ad and connect that to the router, bond 2 ports for balance-rr and connect that to the cable modem and have traffic routed between the two? (See below for illustration) 

Would that give my router access to the full 1.5Gbps connection? I'm not interested in serving >1Gbps to any single device but rather being able to utilise the full 1.5Gbps across the entire LAN as a whole.

If it is possible, how would I go about configuring it on the T1500G-8T? Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bonding questions for T1500G-8T
2022-07-18 11:01:10

@jason_h Yep although I did not test it, I believe it can work.

In tplink switch settings, 802.3ad refer to LACP, and Balance XOR refer to Static LAG.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 1

Tags