Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 19:09:35 - last edited 2022-07-18 14:36:37
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.20.2

When working in Wired Networks under LAN, while in interface mode, it does not show all ports on my switch? I have no other devices in interface mode (beside for default which selects all interfaces).  It should show ports 1-8 (possibly the two SFP ports 9 and 10)?

Does this limit this network to only work on ports 2-6?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode-Solution
2022-07-18 12:14:40 - last edited 2022-07-18 14:36:37

@FreeSamples For your reference I have ER605 and ER7206 in different sites. I can see they have different options here in "LAN interfaces". ER7206 have SFP port option here while ER605 only have 5 Ethernet ports. So I believe this option is just related to the Omada router.

Since you are not using Omada router, it should not influence any of your configurations.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode
2022-07-16 19:11:22

I have read the guide and still not sure what this option does because you still go into the switch config and select which ports are assigned to what profile.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/omada-sdn-software-controller/chapter-4-configure-the-network-with-omada-sdn-controller.html#ug-sub-title-3

Options
Re:Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode
2022-07-18 06:12:41

@FreeSamples Under LAN Interface you only choose the port for the Gateway(which LAN port will send out this VLAN Tagged data)

For the switch you need to go to Devices list-> Choose the Switch-> Port

Options
2022-07-18 09:56:01 - last edited 2022-07-18 09:57:42

@Somnus 

That seems to make sense. If that is the case why can I not select the ports 1, 7, 8, 9 or 10?

Some possible mitigating factors:

• 7,8 are occupied by EAP670s and are already listed as not possible to be gateways.
  • 9,10 are unoccupied SFP slots

Although port 1 is the trunk port where the actual gateway resides, it is not a TP link gateway, but a gateway none-the-less. When I migrate the trunk port to port 2 on the switch, port 2 is still as an option. Which makes me wonder why 5 ports on a 8 (+2) port switch only have 5 ports as options for the gateway. Is this a limitation of the platform?

Just as a note, I do not have any other vLANs (besides for the default port, which you cannot change) in interface mode.

Options
Re:Settings to Wired Networks to LAN to Networks - Configuring network in interface mode-Solution
2022-07-18 12:14:40 - last edited 2022-07-18 14:36:37

@FreeSamples For your reference I have ER605 and ER7206 in different sites. I can see they have different options here in "LAN interfaces". ER7206 have SFP port option here while ER605 only have 5 Ethernet ports. So I believe this option is just related to the Omada router.

Since you are not using Omada router, it should not influence any of your configurations.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-18 14:36:26

@Somnus 

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the input!

Options