The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 04:24:43 - last edited 2022-07-26 20:06:07
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.3.1

I found an article the explains the "The number of logs is up to the limit" error but the math does not seem to check out. Anyone else have this issue or understand why this is happening?

Link:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3292/

Alerts during the time period in which the logs occurred:

Daily number of events on the device

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day-Solution
2022-07-22 04:36:36 - last edited 2022-07-26 20:06:07

Hi  @FreeSamples 

There maybe no more Alerts, but if you go to Events option, there could be many entries like some devices connect, some disconnect etc..

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day
2022-07-19 08:57:12
Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day
2022-07-19 14:23:10

Hey  @Hank21!

Thank you for the post. I get that the message occures when logs are full. I have 90GB of free space on disk for the logs and non of my mounts are near full. If you add all my of logs up that is like 10k logs. Looking at any log file in /var/log that equates to well under meg of storage. I understand what the error means, but either TP link stores these logs as large uncompressed images or may only allocated a small fraction of space? If the Omada controller can handle 100 different devices (and I have only 3) if the device can only store 10k logs, that seems like a major problem, right?

If there a way to allocate more storage for logs or something? The error does not make sense given the scenario.

Options
2022-07-20 05:44:50

FreeSamples wrote

Hey  @Hank21!

Thank you for the post. I get that the message occures when logs are full. I have 90GB of free space on disk for the logs and non of my mounts are near full. If you add all my of logs up that is like 10k logs. Looking at any log file in /var/log that equates to well under meg of storage. I understand what the error means, but either TP link stores these logs as large uncompressed images or may only allocated a small fraction of space? If the Omada controller can handle 100 different devices (and I have only 3) if the device can only store 10k logs, that seems like a major problem, right?

If there a way to allocate more storage for logs or something? The error does not make sense given the scenario.

Hi @FreeSamples 

For Omada Software Controller, the maximum number of logs depends on the number of managed Omada devices.

If the number of managed Omada devices (let's say x) does not exceed 100, the maximum number of logs is 150 * 31 * x. If the number exceeds 100, the maximum number of logs is 150 * 31 * 100 + 30 * 31 * (x-100).

When the number of logs in your controller exceeds the upper limit, you will receive an alert of “The number of logs is up to the limit”.

But if you get such alerts frequently, there are probably a lot of client roaming events, which generate many logs. You can go to Log – Notifications, to adjust the notification settings. For example, you can uncheck “Log full” notification in System, or “Client Roaming (Wireless)” notification in Client, or other frequent log types.

Options
2022-07-21 17:26:54

@Hank21 

That is good information. What happens if I get the logs if that is the only log that I get total? I have gotten three logs in the past three days. They all mention the logs are up to the limit, which makes sense because that is literally the only log.

Options
Re:The number of logs is up to the limit - With Three devices and less than 4000 events in a day-Solution
2022-07-22 04:36:36 - last edited 2022-07-26 20:06:07

Hi  @FreeSamples 

There maybe no more Alerts, but if you go to Events option, there could be many entries like some devices connect, some disconnect etc..

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-26 20:06:41

This data seems to match what I am seeing.

Options