Wifi issue after updating firmware to v5.0.8 (EAP225-Outdoor v1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 13:38:41 - last edited 2022-07-18 15:38:11
Tags: #Firmware Update #Band Steering (Smart Connect)
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v5.0.8

After updating to v5.0.8 firmware, I experience issues with wifi.

It changes between 5GHz and 2,4GHz without any reason, causing interruption while streaming (in my case it was listening to internet radio)

The stream continues but missing a second or so from the stream.

It is clearly by the change of the wifi signals as I can see in wifi analyzer when it happens.

I don't remember having experienced it in previous firmware.

It is used without Omada, in standalone mode connected to R605, in an open-air environment, no obstacles in the way. My phone was 15-20 metres from the EAP lying on a banch, had around -60 dBm of signal in 5GHz when it changed to 2,4.

It happens even when there are no other devices connected.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi issue after updating firmware to v5.0.8 (EAP225-Outdoor v1)
2022-07-19 05:54:15

Arion wrote

After updating to v5.0.8 firmware, I experience issues with wifi.

It changes between 5GHz and 2,4GHz without any reason, causing interruption while streaming (in my case it was listening to internet radio)

The stream continues but missing a second or so from the stream.

It is clearly by the change of the wifi signals as I can see in wifi analyzer when it happens.

I don't remember having experienced it in previous firmware.

It is used without Omada, in standalone mode connected to R605, in an open-air environment, no obstacles in the way. My phone was 15-20 metres from the EAP lying on a banch, had around -60 dBm of signal in 5GHz when it changed to 2,4.

It happens even when there are no other devices connected.

Hi  @Arion 

Could you please try RESET the EAP and test the default SSID, to monitor if the problem still exist?

We did not hear any similar feedback before. But I suspect it may caused by old configure file that applied to new firmware. A reset may prevent this issue. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Wifi issue after updating firmware to v5.0.8 (EAP225-Outdoor v1)
2022-10-26 16:25:42

@Arion  EAP225 firmware1.0.0 Build 20170918 Rel. 58828(5553)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 2

Tags

Firmware Update
Band Steering (Smart Connect)