Connected devices recieve wrong timezone from wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-21 06:17:24
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

I'm not sure if this is an EAP issue, router, or controller.

I have an ER605, OC200 and a half dozen EAP235-Wall.

I recently moved from PDT to CDT and setup my whole network again and I noticed some devices connected to the EAPs via wifi are still automatically setting themselves to pacific time rather than central time. It first started with my wife's apple watch, but I noticed my desktop immediately changes to PDT when I connect to wifi, but through an ethernet (plugged into an EAP235-Wall) it then sets itself back to CDT correctly.

I have tried setting the Site and Controller time zones to Central Time, adjusting the DST settings, and attempted to add IPs/domains for NTP server and I still can't seem to get wifi devices to set the timezone correctly. I've force provisioned and rebooted all the devices as well.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connected devices recieve wrong timezone from wireless network
2022-07-21 12:56:14

@firestar Have you done a reverse lookup on your public IP to ensure it's location data is correct?

Is your wired network and wireless network a single network or are they separate subnets with different dhcp settings?

Options
2022-07-21 13:50:37

Reverse lookup shows the correct timezone.

The wired and wireless are a single network.

Options
2022-07-22 04:55:11

@firestar I don't think it is related to the Controller time settings. The Controller time only take effect on the Controller like Access Control. Your client devices, like your Apple watch, should obtain the time from the Internet but not the Omada.

My suggestion is to check the time settings on your laptop/apple watch, there should be somewhere to choose the timezone and daylight time.

Options