ER605 port forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 18:30:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.1

Hi,

Given that the ER605 still doesn't support full tunneling over OpenVPN, I'm trying to open port 1194 to my NAS to run a VPN server on here.  In standalone mode, I configure the port using Virtual Servers, but cannot connect the VPN and a port check reveals that it is closed.  I've configured another port to a Pi, so it works for this.  I've tried rebooting and a factory reset, but nothing seems to work.  I was hoping that 1.20.1 would either reslove the Open VPN tunnneling issue or this, but am disappointed again by this product.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Guyan

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 port forwarding not working
2022-07-26 06:34:53

guyank wrote

Hi,

Given that the ER605 still doesn't support full tunneling over OpenVPN, I'm trying to open port 1194 to my NAS to run a VPN server on here.  In standalone mode, I configure the port using Virtual Servers, but cannot connect the VPN and a port check reveals that it is closed.  I've configured another port to a Pi, so it works for this.  I've tried rebooting and a factory reset, but nothing seems to work.  I was hoping that 1.20.1 would either reslove the Open VPN tunnneling issue or this, but am disappointed again by this product.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Guyan

Hi  @guyank 

Could you please check:

1. The OpenVPN on the ER605 has been disabled;

2. The VPN server (run on the NAS) can be connected in local network(via NAS local IP address);

3. Configure DMZ for the NAS IP address and check if the port is open 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-30 12:07:32 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:55:41

EDIT

Options
2022-08-11 18:11:32

@guyank In addition to setting up the Virtual Server, you also need to create an inbound firewall rule which allows the traffic.

If the Virtual Server is configured but the firewall is blocking it, a port scan of the device will show the ports as "filtered."

Create an inbound rule with Firewall -> Access Control -> + (add a new rule).

Specify the source as IPGROUP_ANY, the destination as IPGROUP_LAN and the Service Type as OpenVPN.

This is my inbound rule for web (HTTP & HTTPS) access.  I added a custom service type for HTTPs.

This is actually a good default, but it needs to be documented on the FAQ and setup instructions for Virtual Servers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3825

Replies: 3

Related Articles