Standalone VLAN Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Standalone VLAN Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Standalone VLAN Setup
Standalone VLAN Setup
2022-07-22 19:24:04
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi. I'm new working with TP-Link devices. We recently bought one Gigabit VPN Router ER605 for our office. The main idea is create to different vlan to segment network traffic after our Google Fiber Box Modem.

I want to use port 1 (WAN) to connect the uplink to the Google Fiber Box (ISP), then use ports 2, 3, 4 for VLAN 10 and there connect main part of our internal LAN. In port 5 we want to isolate another device that must has internet access but not access to our internal network.

I have been trying to configure that over router GUI but for some reason is not working properly. I assume that I am not configuring correctly the tag and untagged ports or the PVIDs.

Ports 1 (untagged) belongs to VLAN 4094 by default. Ports 2, 3, 4, 5 belong to VLAN 1 by default.

I'm changing port 1 to another vlan named UPLINK (VLAN 5) and declaring it tagged.

Creating VLAN 10 with untagged ports 2, 3, 4.

Creating VLAN 20 with untagged port 5.

My first idea was include port tagged 1 to VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 aswell but i can not do that for some reason.

For PVID setup untagged ports 2, 3, 4 will go with VLAN 10 while untagged port 5 with VLAN 20.

And tagged port 1 will go with VLAN 5 (UPLINK).

This config is not working. Perhaps for some rookie mistake.

Please, any tip is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Standalone VLAN Setup
2022-07-26 06:23:30

@computer_m I don't think you need that VLAN5. 4096 is the default WAN VLAN.

Also I can't see your LAN Interface settings, so not sure if you have VLAN10 and VLAN20 interface correctly.

Here is an example that has exactly the same requirement as you.

Options