oversight on Release notes while checking via the controller ?.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 17:27:25

Hello, 

Since I was subsribed on a thread on which  @Fae did a update with the 5.3 X controller release of the hardware controllers. 

I quickly scanned through the forum thread via the email provided forum link on 5.3 this morning.   This evening at home , Just now logged into the controller and did the control check of upgrade and to refresh my memory , I clicked on the release notes once more.  while doing that I just happened to notice that via the controller only the 'Release notes part' is listed and even that is cut short.   (only 14 bullet points )  and no bug fixes to be seen in that popup.

maybe its display thing but surely , but its probably best to ensure that the release notes via the controller are at least ( complete ) and also display the bug fix part

<c/p  controller popup>

Release Note

1. Increased the number of LAN in VLAN type to 256, added support for bulk VLAN creation, and optimized the configuration of Port Profile. Note that if you use ACLs with the binding type of VLAN, the switch's current firmware only supports up to 64 VLANs, updated firmware supporting up to 256 will be released later.

2. Added support for bulk PPSK creation.

3. Omada Controller will keep the private configuration of a device that was once managed by it and currently in the "Managed by Others" status.

4. Added "Duration Type" options for vouchers, with "Voucher Duration" and "Client Duration" optional.

5. Optimized the upgrading orders for Upgrade Schedule and Rolling Upgrade.

6. Adapted new features of Omada APP 4.2:

+ SSID Override

+ DHCP Reservation

+ Wi-Fi Control

+ TP-Link Email service for Invitation and Password Reset

+ Configure Device Account when creating a new site

+ Display SN codes of devices managed by Omada Cloud-Based Controller

7. Updated the database encryption and optimized the login logs to enhance security.

8. Added support for Facebook Wi-Fi 2.0 for wired networks, which requires upgrading the Omada Gateway to the adapted firmware to be released later.

9. Updated some help information.

10. Optimized FTP configuration saving process.

11. Network Report performance optimization in a large network scale.

12. Support to detect software updates at customized schedule time.

13. Improved connection stability of Cloud Access by shortening the connection interval.

14. Optimized the Cookie notification.

</end cp>

Options