client duration vs voucher duration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 10:49:32 - last edited 2022-07-28 07:33:22
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: OC200(UN)_V1_1.17.7_Build 20220623

HI OVER HERE

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPRADED MY OC200 TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE...  BUT WHAT I NOTICED IS THAT ALL MY OLD VOUCHERS DURATIONS HAVE ALL CHANGED INTO CLIENTS. IT MAKES ME WONDER HOW VOUCHER DURATION WORK COMPARE TO THE NEW CLIENT DURATION..

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND(NOT TESTED), CLIENT DURATION CAN BE THE TIME THE CLIENT IS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK.... MEANING IF I GIVE SOMEONE 5 HOURS, AND THE PERSON LEAVE AFTER 3HOURS, CAN IT POSSIBLY CONTINUE USING THE 2 HOURS REMAINING WHEN HE COMES BACK ANOTHER DAY?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:client duration vs voucher duration-Solution
2022-07-28 07:33:13 - last edited 2022-07-28 07:33:22

Saamoss wrote

HI OVER HERE

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPRADED MY OC200 TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE...  BUT WHAT I NOTICED IS THAT ALL MY OLD VOUCHERS DURATIONS HAVE ALL CHANGED INTO CLIENTS. IT MAKES ME WONDER HOW VOUCHER DURATION WORK COMPARE TO THE NEW CLIENT DURATION..

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND(NOT TESTED), CLIENT DURATION CAN BE THE TIME THE CLIENT IS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK.... MEANING IF I GIVE SOMEONE 5 HOURS, AND THE PERSON LEAVE AFTER 3HOURS, CAN IT POSSIBLY CONTINUE USING THE 2 HOURS REMAINING WHEN HE COMES BACK ANOTHER DAY?

Hi  @Saamoss 

For "Client Duration", each new connected client using the same voucher code to get authenticated can have Internet access for a same duration time.

For example we set up client duration 4 Hours. Device A use the code to login from 1:00PM, and Device B use the same code to login from 2:00PM.

Device A will be expired in 5:00PM, while Device B will keep online and expired in 6:00PM. 

While for "Voucher Duration", once the first client has used the voucher code to get authenticated, the duration countdown begins and the voucher code will be expired after the duration time is up no mater how late other clients get authenticated.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:client duration vs voucher duration
2022-07-28 07:20:56

@Saamoss No, I just have a test and the " client duration" will not get a pause even when client device disconnect from the SSID.

I also not sure what is the difference between Client Duration and Voucher Duration. They seems like the same. 

Also no related information in User Guide.

I think your understanding is actually correct, just the controller/software not work properly.

Options
Re:client duration vs voucher duration-Solution
2022-07-28 07:33:13 - last edited 2022-07-28 07:33:22

Saamoss wrote

HI OVER HERE

Hi  @Saamoss 

For "Client Duration", each new connected client using the same voucher code to get authenticated can have Internet access for a same duration time.

For example we set up client duration 4 Hours. Device A use the code to login from 1:00PM, and Device B use the same code to login from 2:00PM.

Device A will be expired in 5:00PM, while Device B will keep online and expired in 6:00PM. 

While for "Voucher Duration", once the first client has used the voucher code to get authenticated, the duration countdown begins and the voucher code will be expired after the duration time is up no mater how late other clients get authenticated.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:client duration vs voucher duration
2022-07-29 17:32:13

@Hank21 i guess you are from TPLINK. seriously, it doesnt help in anyway, because it will always be better to assign a voucher to each client. what will really help us  "a client duration" where a client duration can pause once it leaves the network, and continue once he returned back online with expiration time.... 

by example:

you assign 4 hours to a customer with expiration in 24hours... so the client can use the 4 hours in his or her own convenience , but it expires in 24Hrs whether he used the 4 hours or not.... that will help us more than what you guys brought.... 

please bring those features... it will really help::: thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1374

Replies: 3