PPPOE failed to connect to server because IPCP negotation failed and local ipv4 addresses duplicate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PPPOE failed to connect to server because IPCP negotation failed and local ipv4 addresses duplicate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-01 11:59:28 - last edited 2022-08-02 00:50:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I have dual wan connection in the port 1 wan there is dynamic ip coming from local ISP service provider then in the port 2 wan coming from PPPOE connection from our friend pppoe server. the problems is after the ER605 getting reboot the PPPOE Wan connection takes an hour or 2 before to established and but in the port 1 wan it automaticaly establish connection instantly. Can anyone knows why this happens i already try to reboot several times but the result is just the same. i also tried to reset, upgrade, downgrade firware but still no luck.

Options
1 Reply
Re:PPPOE failed to connect to server because IPCP negotation failed and local ipv4 addresses duplicate
2022-08-02 01:37:40

@Chris2020

As the log indicates, local IPv4 addresses duplicate. It seems the assigned IP addresses conflict with those of online users. I think you may need to contact your friend to check the IP address assignment on the PPPoE server.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1