Will eu devices work fine in Canada?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-01 14:50:02 - last edited 2022-08-02 10:35:30
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

Hello,

I bought following devices in EU and need them to work in Canada:

Router: TP-Link ER605 (TL-R605)

PoE switch: TP-LINK TL-SG1210MPE

WIFI AP: EAP650(EU) v1.0

I configured everything on a docker controller but soon will export/import into hardware controller (purchased, still on its way)

Question:
Will this devices and network work fine if I ship them to Canada? I pre-configured them for a customer, so that he can just connect it to internet and it will create new network, there are already cameras and other devices which should be connected to this network. Is there any issue since they are EU models? (EU plug is not a problem, we have UPS there and all devices will use EU plug to connect to UPS)

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Will eu devices work fine in Canada?-Solution
2022-08-01 20:32:47 - last edited 2022-08-02 10:35:30

If I may add an FYI concerning the EAP650(EU) v1.0.

While it might not make a difference with regards to function, you should still be aware of the fact that governmental RF regulations for Wi-Fi equipment differ between Europe and Canada.

Here a few things to keep in mind:

- In "North America" channels 12 and 13 in the 2.4 GHz band are usually not being implemented in Wi-Fi equipment, because of special local regulations for the affected frequencies that don't make their use for Wi-Fi worthwhile.

- On Wi-Fi equipment made for the European market the transmission power in the 2.4 GHz band is limited to 100 mW, which is substantially lower than what is permitted in North America and thus wireless coverage might not be as good as what people over there are used to.

- Particularly in Canada the use of the weather radar frequencies is not permitted for Wi-Fi applications. This affects the channels 120, 124 and 128 in the 5 GHz band.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Will eu devices work fine in Canada?
2022-08-01 15:16:08 - last edited 2022-08-02 08:58:47

@madroots 

Your main concern should be the power grid voltage - 120V in Canada.

Look at the power adapters' sticker on every device to be sure that they are compatible with this input voltage (check the UPS output voltage as well).

As for the wireless channels and bands, there shouldn't be any issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Will eu devices work fine in Canada?-Solution
2022-08-01 20:32:47 - last edited 2022-08-02 10:35:30

If I may add an FYI concerning the EAP650(EU) v1.0.

While it might not make a difference with regards to function, you should still be aware of the fact that governmental RF regulations for Wi-Fi equipment differ between Europe and Canada.

Here a few things to keep in mind:

- In "North America" channels 12 and 13 in the 2.4 GHz band are usually not being implemented in Wi-Fi equipment, because of special local regulations for the affected frequencies that don't make their use for Wi-Fi worthwhile.

- On Wi-Fi equipment made for the European market the transmission power in the 2.4 GHz band is limited to 100 mW, which is substantially lower than what is permitted in North America and thus wireless coverage might not be as good as what people over there are used to.

- Particularly in Canada the use of the weather radar frequencies is not permitted for Wi-Fi applications. This affects the channels 120, 124 and 128 in the 5 GHz band.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Will eu devices work fine in Canada?
2022-08-02 08:46:29

@madroots 

Perhaps you should also pay attention to the issue of cross-border warranties, which are generally not supported.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 3