EAP235-Wall / Not able to reset to factory defaults

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 15:03:51 - last edited 2022-08-03 12:42:41
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Last one

Got some hardware to start playing around with. Got an ER605, Controller, 2210P switch, and 2x AEP230-wall

I have configured it via the controller and it all seems to be working.

BUT I have difficulties with the EAP235. Whenever you move them from a port (example) port1 to port 3, the device is lost. It gives "no heartbeat" and one minute later it shows disconnected. Even when I put it back to the original port (3), it will not connect. (both devices have the same). 

I tried to reset them to the factory defaults, BUT this doesn't work. Get a small metal pin, push the reset button for around 6 seconds, the light flashes, and when it stops flashing I release the reset button. Tried many other varieties, reset button for 6 seconds and when it flashes, I release it. But it doesn't do anything. I can find them on their IP, when I connect to them via the IP "tNote: This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller 192.168.0.2"

I can see the EAP235 in the clients' TAB instead of the DEVICES. Even after many resets. Is there something I do wrong?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP235-Wall / Not able to reset to factory defaults-Solution
2022-08-03 12:42:37 - last edited 2022-08-03 12:42:41

@ArjanKS 

So yes, I have "resolved" it. 

First you remove the VLANS or anything related to the port the AEP is connected to. (Im my case a VLAN).

Hold the reset button for 8 seconds and wait for the flashing light to stop. When it stopped, reboot (or wait 5 minutes) and you will see the AEP available for adoption. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall / Not able to reset to factory defaults
2022-08-03 08:33:21

@ArjanKS 

The error message you mention shows "This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller 192.168.0.2", are you sure you are resetting the EAP and not the router?

Can the EAP log into the Standalone interface?
Is it normal to use it directly under Standalone?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP235-Wall / Not able to reset to factory defaults
2022-08-03 09:06:35

@Virgo I am resetting the EAP, 100%. I am using this little hole to reset it. Even after resetting it 10 times, it continues to give the message that its controller by an Omada controller. But I think I found a way to reset them, most likely it was/is my own fault.

Options
Re:EAP235-Wall / Not able to reset to factory defaults-Solution
2022-08-03 12:42:37 - last edited 2022-08-03 12:42:41

@ArjanKS 

So yes, I have "resolved" it. 

First you remove the VLANS or anything related to the port the AEP is connected to. (Im my case a VLAN).

Hold the reset button for 8 seconds and wait for the flashing light to stop. When it stopped, reboot (or wait 5 minutes) and you will see the AEP available for adoption. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1933

Replies: 3

Related Articles