ER7206 Dual WAN - Online Detection - Customize Ping and DNS when using OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 00:48:22
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Setup dual WAN today and trying to customize the settings for online detection.  When not using a controller such as the OC200 it appears you can customize the settings defined for ping and dns checks under Transmission->Load Balancing->Online Detection.  However when using a controller those settings do not seem to be available.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 Dual WAN - Online Detection - Customize Ping and DNS when using OC200
2022-08-04 11:52:29
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER7206 Dual WAN - Online Detection - Customize Ping and DNS when using OC200
2022-08-04 12:30:32

@Virgo 

Thanks, this is helpful.  So if I am reading the below snip from the FAQ page correctly it sounds like in controller mode DNS checks are used but I can only customize the time interval that those checks occur.  Is there any way to determine what DNS servers are being checked?  Is the router checking the DNS servers that are tied to the WAN ports that are provided by DHCP from my ISP?  Are they some other DNS servers?  My ISP DNS servers are terrible and I would love to be able to check DNS servers that are more reliable like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8.  Is there any way to customize via SSH?

Thanks

• Online Detection

In Controller mode, DNS resolution is used to detect whether the WAN is online, and the detection interval can be customized.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 2