Use OC200 & WAPs without the TP-Link Router/VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 19:01:18 - last edited 2022-08-22 02:08:16

Been a Deco X20 user for almost a year now. Got almost a dozen of them installed at a home and it works buttery smooth.
So, I'm thinking of expanding the same to a site.

Here's the situtation, we've already got a Sophos XG210 firewall installed at the site.

So, is it possible to use the Omada devices in this topology and still be able to use all the Omada features.

Internet from ISP -> Sophos XG210 Firewall -> PoE Switch -> WAPs & OC200

Can I still use all the Omada features?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Use OC200 & WAPs without the TP-Link Router/VPN-Solution
2022-08-06 19:22:14 - last edited 2022-08-22 02:08:16

@NeerajB 

NeerajB wrote

Err.  It depends what you mean by "all Omada features".  The controller manages the gateways/switches/WAPs.  Many of the features inside the controller are specific to those devices.  For example, if you aren't using the switches, you can't configure switch ACLs.  If you aren't using the gateway, you can't define networks, manage nay rules or have a dhcp server.

However, if you have an OC200 and WAPs, you should be able to use the WAP-specific features in the controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Use OC200 & WAPs without the TP-Link Router/VPN-Solution
2022-08-06 19:22:14 - last edited 2022-08-22 02:08:16

@NeerajB 

NeerajB wrote

Err.  It depends what you mean by "all Omada features".  The controller manages the gateways/switches/WAPs.  Many of the features inside the controller are specific to those devices.  For example, if you aren't using the switches, you can't configure switch ACLs.  If you aren't using the gateway, you can't define networks, manage nay rules or have a dhcp server.

However, if you have an OC200 and WAPs, you should be able to use the WAP-specific features in the controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Use OC200 & WAPs without the TP-Link Router/VPN
2022-08-25 12:31:17
Thanks for the reply and appreciate the quick response. Just got the equipment delivered. Will update here once it is deployed. Cheers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 3