I just wanted a simple outdoor extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 23:51:40 - last edited 2022-08-08 00:55:28
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I thought I was buying an outdoor extender, but I suspect that's not exactly what this is.  It appears that first I have to connect a LAN cable, then all kinds of programming?  I've spent all afternoon downloading phone app, laptop controller program, watching online videos, trying to get this thing to work and I'm certainly not running a cable from the house to the barn.  I think I bought the wrong thing, but I'm clueless.  I have a TP-Link extender for the upstairs of the house and it was so simple.  All I want is for it to pick up my router WiFi signal from the house at my barn and send the signal to the back yard.  This doesn't seem to do that.  Help! 

Joe

Options
1 Reply
Re:I just wanted a simple outdoor extender
2022-08-09 07:37:39

@Joenw 

If you only have an EAP, then it may not suit your needs as the EAP is an access point, not a repeater, and you need to connect the EAP to your router with a ethernet cable to extend the network and this is necessary.

If you have more than one EAP, then perhaps you can use the mesh function to achieve the wireless connection.
But the first EAP connected to the front end must also be wired, so in either case at least one EAP is required to be wired to your router.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 1