Any public VPN-provider (ie NordVPN) compatible with Omada?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Any public VPN-provider (ie NordVPN) compatible with Omada?
2022-08-14 13:06:15

@btx 

you very funny guy - you say you want to help then you bash me at most every point and claim you didn't get your feelings hurt - well maybe that is true - however - you certainly copped an attitude

' truth can be told in several ways, I did not take offense, just though that you want to have working vpn and seek for help. '

you didn't take offense ? - you said I sound like a basher and you may not want to help me because of that - then you tersely reply with this trite

Web site and how pretty or usefull it is, is purely subjective opinion, one might dislike colors, navigation or whatever else, point is it offers money back, no personall or credit card data is required and payments can be done with quite all most popular crypto currencies. So far about website, there is not many providing this combination and lastly you want vpn services and not web design.

I talk about how inoperable and unusable their support site was and you bash me by making silly statements about aesthetics as if maybe it is very useful, but probably it is too complicated for me to understand and then obfuscate from there to what really matters - money back - and what I really want is vpn services and not the ability to navigate what should be the most simplest of web designs - a chat page ...

About communication issues, well, if too complicated, then use email which normally sorts that all for you, not chat or some other app which you are unfamiliar with.

Yes, I am very unfamiliar with text chat - after 40 years of working with text on a screen - it is all way over my head by now

You might want to send questions about free vpn to tplink, I never used that.

yes - I understand - you can help with super scientific complicated concepts like what to expect when encountering chat page properties and VPN provider options - but FREE VPN - woah - now that is really a tier above the norm - imagining a VPN that is free - no way to consider that it works EXACTLY like every other VPN server in existence now is there ! ?

You can create own vpn server within minutes for free if is about just testing.

Thanks for the tip .  I already created an OpenVPN server on my notebook and the generic OpenVPN clients will connect to it .  However Omada won't .

So anyway,  I am sure that you tried the best you could to help, but it seems that your notions about my intentions and capabilities have left you with no other desire than to belittle me in your sleek and sly manner .

You made yourself very clear

Bashing is not always entirely overt now is it ?

Let me add this to your complex - or whatever your bent towards me might be comprised

7 years ago - I went to college for the first time and earned an AS degree in Computer IT Programming and Tech Support 3.94 GPA - 21 A ' s and 1 B .

So, for whatever it is worth to your understanding as to whether or not I can navigate a website chat page, there you have it .  I was 58 years old .  I have not degenerated that far since then .

Options
2022-08-14 13:29:48 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:30:59

EDIT

Options
2022-08-14 14:02:09

@btx 

Get crazy ?  My comments were totally rational, calm and collected .

Crazy is when you go off on tangents and attempt to correlate irrelevancies and obfuscate with absurdities etc .  ( i. e. read your last two postings )

Well, ok then .  No reply warranted, expected, or needed .

Not mad .  Not mad at all .  I just pointed out plainly and clearly what I observed .  ( same as I did about the TorGuard text chat web page )

Your replies were tainted .  I hope you don't abuse all senior citizens in that manner .

All of my comments were factual with evidential documentation .  If you see a crime . Can you describe what you saw ?  Is that hating the criminal ?

When you don't like the legitimate manner in which someone appears or presents themselves . Can you belittle and bash them ?  Is that acceptable etiquette ?

( well those used to be rhetorical questions - but today's society has everything upside down )

Anyway - the topic of this thread is :

So, that is what I came seeking here : an answer to that question .

It should be easy for someone to provide information to the affirmative .  If it is possible .

So far no one has done so .

Anyone with Omada should be able to use the information that I provided in my post about servers that are freely available for attempting a connection .

Even you .

But, you haven't .

So far we have at least 2 of us who have tried .  The OP and me .

So, we wait for someone else who is willing to try .  Or at maybe has some information to the negative .

Options
2022-08-14 14:12:51 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:31:08

EDIT

Options
2022-08-14 14:45:04 - last edited 2022-08-14 14:47:08

@btx 

Roger that .

I was in the Army and the Navy .  ( 1975 ) The Army breached my contract when I was a few months into my AIT school .  They said : ' We don't have a billet for where we guaranteed to place you ' .   So, I had the choice to take something else or leave .  I left and went into the Navy .  The recruiter said I could pick any job in the book .  I became a push-button .  Enlisted for 4 years .  I got pay grade E-3 from day 1 and promised E-4 after basic training .  I went to advanced avionics training school for a full year at NAMTRADET in Millington, TN . 

Not one time, in the military or in movies, did I ever hear anyone say : ' roger that ' or ' copy that ' .

I think that started in the movies .  But in some of the movies or shows, even though it was set at a time many years ago, they used that phrase .

That's part of the reason I stopped watching television at age 23 ( 1980 ) .  Everything was getting silly, stupid and unrealistic .  ( side note - that is also when I got my first personal computer )

I have been trolling along - ever since ...

Options
2022-08-14 14:52:38 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:31:15

EDIT

Options
2022-08-14 15:36:34 - last edited 2022-08-14 15:40:31

@btx 

My family did not have money for my brother and I to pay for college .  So, I enlisted in the Army before I finished high school on the delayed entry program .

We got our clothes from K-Mart .  Long sleeves for winter .  When summer came, my mom would cut the sleeves and hem them .  The kids made fun of  us ...

The military was brought up as relevance to show experience with working in electronics and digital field .   Correlating to discovering how or why can't this system work in the way that we envision it should work .

So, for VPN usage, I have tried every way I can find to get ANY VPN connection from my router to work .   When I could not get it to work .  I turned to searching for some information about whether or not it should work for what I am trying to do; which is connect to NordVPN .

Also, even if I cannot discover the answer to that right now; I want to find a way to connect Omada VPN to anywhere at all .  Just to see that it does operate .  Right now, I have no idea if it really works or not .

I set up an OpenVPN server on my notebook and generic Windows Client apps connect .  However, since I know that the router is on WAN, and since I don't have two separate ISP ' s, I have tried tethering my notebook and / or my desktop to my cellphone for testing .  In some configurations the Windows client app will connect .  At that point I presumed that the Omada should also be able to connect .   But it doesn't .  I set the server up with NO password and Omada still would not connect using the same configuration in that the Windows client worked .

So, next I tried the L2TP configuration that I presented in a previous post .  Does not work .  I guess I can find a L2TP server app and set it up on my notebook and try that .

After all the attempts I have made, I still wonder if my system just doesn't operate correctly or I just haven't found the right way to configure it .

I was hoping that someone would have a server to which I could try to connect or if they could use their Omada system to show that a connection can be made to those servers for which I have access . 

It is not a critical issue or anything .  However, I paid the money for what I have and I would like to test what options are available .

Options
2022-08-14 16:20:55 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:31:26

EDIT

Options
2022-08-14 22:10:02 - last edited 2022-08-14 22:30:32

@btx 

The only place that I know to check logs is the log section on the controller interface .  I have not seen any relevant errors presented .  If there is another place to check for logs I will have to find it .

However, after all this time, I found several other threads on this forum of individuals having the same predicament with L2TP and OpenVPN ...

One of the threads had a link to an free OpenVPN server that is auto-login with no user or password needed .

Guess what !  The same thing - it works fine with Windows client app and NOTHING with Omada .

In some of those threads the person was also trying to figure out if anything of their VPN client options would work at all .

Oh well, thank you and have a wonderful holiday !

I WILL figure this out before you return .  Just cause .

Options
2022-08-14 22:43:37 - last edited 2022-08-14 23:40:15

It looks like someone was able to get OpenVPN to work .  I found another thread where the person gave a link to a provider that had a free server which did not use password or user name .

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/269062

I tried it and it doesn't work in Omada, but it does work with a Windows client app .

Here is the OpenVPN server link .

https://vanwa.tech/vpn

I also created an OpenVPN server on Omada and exported config .  Imported config to cell phone and it WILL NOT connect to the server .

This same cell phone and VPN app connected with no problem to my older stand-alone TP-Link VPN router .

The Omada ER605 WILL NOT DO ANY VPN CONNECTION at all .

Options
Related Articles