Omada claims "Invalid IP address" for 100% correct IPs. Why I can't use some proper IPs in config.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada claims "Invalid IP address" for 100% correct IPs. Why I can't use some proper IPs in config.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-14 22:30:47
Tags: #DHCP
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.3 Build 20210914 Rel.39903

I am using the Omada controller OC200 with ER605 v2.0 Router.

The first issue (extremely big and disappointing) I got was DHCP range and static IP (reservation) settings.

My network is 10.10.0.0/22.

I decided to have DHCP 10.10.1.0 to 10.10.1.255. WFT, the software claims this are not valid IPs. For gods sake, this are 100% valid IPs. It looks Omada has GIG BUG in software. I used workaround and set 10.10.0.254 - 10.10.1.254.  I can wait for real solution, I mean repair of the bug.

But this is not the end of the story.

Now  I decided to block/reserve the IP 10.10.1.0 for Omada controller itself. the IP is assigned by DHCP and it works fine (really?)  but it cant be reserved. because again the software, I mean the web page of the controller claims it is what ? Yes You guess 'invalid IP address"
here are the screens:

the 10.10.1.0 is valid IP assigned by DHCP

the same 10.10.1.0 cant be reserved. extremely confused

I am still using 4.4.6

My questions is if this BIG BUG is repaired in newer version 5.x.y?

If not when can You repair it or explain why You are not supporting RFC1918? or why some addresses are considered as invalid when in fact are fully functional valid

addresses. It looks the error is in the web-ui of the Omada, because the address works fine when set automatically by the DHCP but cant be set manually.

Completelly stupid. It is probably a typo by frontend developer.

maybe it can be set properly with other UI? by SSH, CLI?

But this is not the end of the story.

I am using Omada cloud access and the controller is properly registered and visible by cloud management software.

But I cant access it with the Cloud access nor directly from my mobile phone with Omada app installed.

It was working fine initially, but with 10.10.1.0 it is not working. It cant connect. nor mobile nor tplinkcloud.com

I am not sure if it is related, but it tells me Omada has wired, unreasonable and illogical limitations. Can You elaborate about it? I s it by mistake or it is by design, but if by design then WHY?

Grzegorz Zal

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada claims "Invalid IP address" for 100% correct IPs. Why I can't use some proper IPs in config.
2022-08-17 06:49:22

@Dzezik 

As you say, the version of your current controller is a long time ago.

I remember that the V4 version of the controller still had the Log4j bug, but fortunately V5 fixed that big bug.

As for the DHCP and address reservation issues you mentioned, tplink is constantly fixing them, and the release notes for the current iteration of the controller, if you take a closer look, you might find them.

So whether it's from a security vulnerability aspect or a product feature fix, it's probably best to upgrade to a V5 version of the controller, which I think will most likely solve your problem.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada claims "Invalid IP address" for 100% correct IPs. Why I can't use some proper IPs in config.
2022-08-17 08:19:33

@Dzezik 

Whilst 10.10.1.0 & 10.10.1.255 are both valid IP's, they are reserved numbers and are NOT available for user assigning.  The 10.10.1.0 is used by the system to denote the actual subnet start, and 10.10.1.255 is reserved as the broadcast IP.  Assignment is only possible from 10.10.1.1 to 10.10.1.254.   Networking 101

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 2

Tags

DHCP
Related Articles