Forgot Pass - Change Email in DB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 10:37:01
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey!

I have the Cloud controller deployed successfully and workin on Linux for a while - however the password has been changed by someone and no one can remember it - we have the Cloud connectivity working absolutely fine however can't login into the master admin.

The problem is the email is the same as the Cloud connectivity user - I have created a second admin account and confirmed the password reset works however when we do this for the admin account it doesn't actually save the password.

Does anyone know how to update the master admin email address in Mongo to something different other than the Cloud binding one - obviously if I unbind it from the Cloud I risk not being able to manage it.

The reason I need to login in as the master admin is to do a backup of the controller so I can upgrade it!

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Forgot Pass - Change Email in DB
2022-08-15 12:18:03

@CASys if you can backup all settings, then you might probably find it easier to reinstall cloud controller and set same settings. In linux at least, if you uninstall omadac (like sudo apt remove omadac), then you will be asked if you want to backup settings just for the case you did not backup settings for the case that you do want to revert them if you forgot something, just make sure to forget devices and wait until they reset. Editing it in mongodb can probably be done, I've never looked into omada's db, but guess it is possible, just unsure if it will work with the code and if you will be able to provision, one has to try it to know it unless tplink support shares that info.

If you have possibility to create second controller in your local network, set everything there exactly up as in your current controller, then device by device, forget it and add it on new controller as soon as it appears. Then, when every device is moved and configured, you can reinstall on current controller restoring settings from newly created device.

Options
2022-08-15 13:13:20
Thanks - I want to try and do it without forgetting devices as it can become a bit painful but appreciate it as a possible solution. I'm hoping I can just update the email address for the Master Administrator and reset!
Options
2022-08-15 13:37:17 - last edited 2022-10-13 10:44:26

EDIT

Options