EAP620 HD won't allow some devices to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 17:01:32
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211028 Rel. 68287

So i have a small Omada setup, that includes 1x EAP620 HD  2x EAP225-Outdoor and a TL-R605 v1.0

Most wireless devices connect to the AP's with no issues, but some devices cant connect to the main AP (EAP620 HD)

Here are some scenarios:

I have a Ecobee smart thermostat in the house which cant connect to the main AP but dose connect to one of the outdoor AP's

Same with my Smart Plugs, the closer AP is the main AP, but the main AP wont let the connection, so it connects to one of the outdoor AP's which are much further, therefore have a worse connection

Also i have some laptops devices that also cant connect to the main AP

In the omada controller i checked most of the settings but cant find the issue (i try to keep everyting on auto or dont enable it unless i know what what im doing)

Are there any settings i should change?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP620 HD won't allow some devices to connect
2022-08-17 07:52:31

@apte 

Are all the clients you mentioned using 2.4G only?
In fact, you can set an SSID specifically for these clients and apply this SSID to the EAP620 only.
Of course if these clients are only using 2.4G, then you can just enable 2.4G for this SSID.

Give it a shot!

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 1