Converter Selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Converter Selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Converter Selection
Converter Selection
2022-08-16 11:05:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

My purpose is to isolate the WiFi antenna from my provider's modem, so that the audio network is isolated from the WiFi antenna.

The solution I'm thinking of is the one shown in the image below:

I am thinking of using either TL-FC311 B-2 and TL-FC311 A-2 or two MC-220L as converters.

Any suggestions on which of the above?

In the first case the cable used is SC/UPC 9/125 μm single-mode fiber at both ends but it is difficult to find in the market. Most have cables marked SC/SC and I don't know if they are compatible.

In the second case I don't know which SFP Modules I should use. The distances will be very short, 1 to 2 meters between the two converters.

Any help welcome.

Kostas

Options
3 Reply
Re:Converter Selection
2022-08-17 08:23:51

@kostas6a3 

The parameters of the converter and SFP module should be compatible with the fibre.
The following parameters are available:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-08-17 09:53:01 - last edited 2022-08-17 09:58:56

@Virgo Yes but what kind of SC, UPC or APC ?

The BELDEN states that:

"One thing that should be noted is that APC and UPC connectors cannot and should not be mated. Not only does mating cause poor performance because the fiber cores will not touch, but it can also destroy both connectors. The last thing you want to do is cause permanent transmitter damage—especially with higher-cost simglemode equipment"

Options
2022-08-18 06:29:54
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 3