How to setup PPTP with TorGuard VPN
As many ask for vpn with different providers, this would be how you can setup omada router as client to TorGuard's VPN server, this guide covers just the setup of VPN connection over PPTP. In screenshots below 10Gbit server from Quadranet is used as remote server. If you have questions or something is not working, best to direct your requests to torguard support and tp-link support.
Hardware used for the guide at the time of creation is: er605 v1 (firmware v1.2.1) with controller version v5.4.6 on linux.
If you are looking for other guides for TorGuard:
I highly recommend using l2tp with ipsec encryption instead of PPTP, however PPTP VPN connections can come in handy for something as simple as streaming Netflix especially taken in mind that PPTP is fastest protocol from those available. OpenVPN currently can not be used with TorGuard as Omada currently does not support authentification with username+password.
1. Go to Settings -> VPN and create new policy
2. Select Purpose: Client-to-Site
3. Select VPN-type: VPN-Client PPTP
4. Select working mode depending on your local configuration, default is NAT.
5. Write your username and password
6. Select MPPE Encryption (default Encrypted)
6. Type IP address of remote server
7. Select your WAN port and which local networks it should cover
Screenshot of VPN Settings:
Screenshot of Insight -> VPN Status:
Screenshot of Log:
If you need promo codes, here would be two codes:
50% Off ALL Plans, (Anonymous VPN, Anonymous VPN Pro, Anonymous VPN Premium) (unlimited per customer, unlimited per order)
50% Off Promo + Free Dedicated IP (Anonymous Proxy, Anonymous VPN, Anonymous VPN + Streaming Bundle) (one per customer, one per order):