Cannot access DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot access DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot access DNS
Cannot access DNS
2022-08-25 09:45:23 - last edited 2022-08-26 00:51:25
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.9

I have installed 5 EAP225-Outdoor Ver1 AP's around my house and garden to extend my home Wifi. All the EAP's are wired through ethernet POE switches to my BT Smart Hub 2 Route which has FttP. I have installed the Omada software controller on my Windows 11 PC and bonded the controller to the Omada Cloud. I do not have any Omada hardware controller for the AP's.

I have extended my existing Wifi SSID and password.

All the AP's and the Controller have the lates Omada software. All the AP's connect with good signal strengths and I can connect devices to them.

My problem is access to the internet through the AP radio signals. The devices report connected , but that they cannot access DNS.

I have tried all the obvious options, using DHCP or static connections in the Omada Controller settings. My home network has DHCP set from 192.168.1.64 to 254 and the IP mask at 255.255.255.0. The default DNS on my network is the BT Router at 192.168.1.254 and I have tried this as the Fallback DNS in the Controller settings, but without success.

Clearly I am missing something. Can anyone help me please?

ClydeKent

File:
Omada query.docxDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access DNS
2022-08-26 07:26:31

@ClydeKent 

On your client devices(that connected to the EAP wifi) can you see the DNS obtained from the router DHCP server?

If the DHCP is working normally, you can just modify the router DHCP server settings and change DNS to 8.8.8.8, and test if it can work for your wireless clients.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 1

Related Articles