STP updating existing port profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 13:43:52
Tags: #STP
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.5.6

I'm trying to enable RSTP on all my ports. I'm following the guide from this faq. Here they say you also need to apply the STP setting on the port profiles. When going to my profiles I can only view them but I can't seem to edit them. So I have following questions:

1. Do I need to recreate all my profiles using the new STP setting or is there a way to edit the existing ones.

2. Why is this a setting in 2 places? Shouldn't enabling it on the switch or port be enough, instead of both?

3. Is enabling STP on all port a good practice in the first place? (A quick general search seems to agree but I'm not sure since it's not the default)

Options
2 Reply
Re:STP updating existing port profiles
2022-08-30 06:31:59

@depuits 

You can't modify the default system profiles. To enable STP you need to recreate profiles;

I only enable STP for uplink and downlink ports. But yes you can enable it on all ports. STP won't take effect if you connect the port to a normal device like PC.

Options
Re:STP updating existing port profiles
2022-09-02 09:04:40

@Somnus 

Thank you. This pretty much answers my question. Follow up question, for which I'm guessing the answer is no, does STP do anything on LAG connection, be it uplink/downlink or to an end device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 2

Tags

STP
Related Articles