ER605 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 issues
ER605 issues
2022-08-28 08:41:19
Tags: #Slow reboot
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Off to a rather inglorious start to what I thought would be a simple upgrade from an earlier TP-Link router.  I did not want to simply replace the old router anbd start configuring with the ER605 plus OC200 controller----the network is not 192.168.0.x and has a fair amount of router configuration so I took the new router onto an isolated network and configured it there.  The first think I found is it takes an inordinate amount of time for it to boot.  And then when you change the WAN configuration, it reboots again; and finally when you change the LANB network it reboots a third time.  Each of these reboots takes 30 or 45 minutes.  I thought it would be easier to configure the router, move it onto the live network and then add the OC200.  Little did I know that adding the OC200 does not import the router configuration but reinitializes it --- so I lost everything.  So back to the drawing boards---I out the router and the OC200 on an isolated segment and I am starting over again.  I am now in the middle of my third VERY long wait for the device to reboot (this time I changed the IP address and the LAN network segment to what it needs to be when I put it on the live network.

The controller said 'configuring' for a long time and then changed to 'adopting' ( the same sequence I saw when I changed the WAN configuration).  But this has now been well over an hour -- am I doing something wrong or does this thing really routinely take this long to start up.

In hindsight it was a good thing I did not install it directly on the active network as I cannot afford to have the network out of service for what is turning into many many hours.

Is it going to take this ling to start everytime it needs to reboot for whatever reason?  Or is this a one time thing that I have to suffer through and then I'm done.  VERY disappointing!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 issues
2022-08-28 09:45:26

@PeteT 

Not sure why yours is so slow, my ER605 (albeit a v1, but ive used a v2 as well and had the same result) takes about 45 seconds to boot up.

Options
Re:ER605 issues
2022-08-29 08:46:53

@PeteT 

My ER605 takes about 5 minutes to reboot. It may be related to how many settings you've pre-configured on the controller.

However I notice that your existing network is not 192.168.0.1/24, that means if you want to adopt the ER605, you have to pre-configure the controller wired network->LAN, and modify the ER605 LAN IP in Standalone mode first.

Check the instruction.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2457

Replies: 2

Tags

Slow reboot
Related Articles