Two jetstream switches, VLAN traffic not flowing between

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-05 01:16:34
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello. I have two Jetstream TL-SG2428P switches. I have the default VLAN 1 and a voice VLAN 50. Router has VLANs configured along with appropriate DHCP.

VLAN 1 is untagged on ports 1-24 on both switches. VLAN 50 is tagged on ports 1-24 on both switches. PVID is 1 on all ports on both switches. Port 2 on the first switch is connected to port 1 on the second switch.

If I plug a computer or any other VLAN untagged device into any of the ports on either switch I get the correct IP address for VLAN 1. If I plug a phone (VLAN tagged in settings) into any of the ports on the first switch the phone gets the correct IP address for the VLAN 50 it is supposed to be on. However, if I plug the phone into the second switch it simply doesn't get a DHCP lease.

Obviously something is wrong with port 2 and 1 on the first and second switches and how they are connected. Normally I would trunk these ports, but there is no trunk option.

What am I missing here?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two jetstream switches, VLAN traffic not flowing between
2022-09-06 09:21:23

@evacc44 

The ports between both switches need to be set to Tagged, it looks like there is still a problem with your VLAN settings.
How to configure 802.1Q VLAN

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 295

Replies: 1