Cpe510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cpe510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cpe510
Cpe510
2022-09-07 01:18:09

Hi everyone, just after some advice. I have wifi in the house and an office in my shed which is 20 meters from the house. I can get wifi at the front of the shed but it obviously won't pass trough the iron sheets. 
am I able to use the cpe510 as an AP and connect a router from inside the shed directly to the CPE vis Ethernet? Or will o have to use it as point to point only?

my current work around is a wifi extender, but this requires the doors to the shed be open to get the signal inside, which doesn't help in bad weather.

any advice would be great.

aaron

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cpe510
2022-09-07 09:27:02

@Aaron3107 

Only 20 metres you can consider the EAP225-Outdoor, with a recommended coverage radius of 100 metres.
With only one CPE, you need to place the CPE at this end of the office as Client mode to receive the WiFi signal from your home router, but be aware that your home router can guarantee stable transmission of the signal over long distances, as the network transmission is mutual and the CPE can definitely receive the signal.

Here is a wonderful post:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/578366

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles