EAP670 continuously "changing LAN IP address/mask" and being readopted to controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP670 continuously "changing LAN IP address/mask" and being readopted to controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-14 15:45:54 - last edited 2022-09-14 16:03:54
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi,

In the last week I've set up a network with an OC200 controller (OC200 2.0 v5.5.7, firmware 2.5.1 Build 20220803 Rel.39745) which is managing an EAP670 (v1.0.3) and an EAP615-Wall (v1.1.0).

Both APs are hardwired via CAT6 to a PoE switch (TL-SG1008P). The EAP670 is on a 7ft CAT6 cable.  

Throughout the day, seemingly at random, I receive notifications (via the Omada app) that the EAP670 "is now connected." Examining the event logs in the controller, the following set of messages is shown over and over again at least 5-10 times per day:

EAP670 was connected.

Sep 14, 2022 04:38:24  am

EAP670 was readopted automatically.

Sep 14, 2022 04:38:08  am

The LAN IP address/mask of EAP670 were changed to 10.0.1.102/255.255.255.0.

Sep 14, 2022 04:36:51  am

The IP never actually changes from one time to the next, but from what I can tell clients are kicked off this AP while the provisioning and reconnection takes place. This only seems to happen with the EAP670.. have never experienced it with the 615-Wall. Some things I've tried:

- Assigned DHCP Reservation (static IP) for the problem AP via router.

- Lessened load on PoE switch by switching the OC200 to power input (instead of PoE at the switch) & switching an IP cam to a PoE injector instead of PoE at switch).

Some things I haven't yet tried but plan to if it comes to it:

- Swap the ethernet cable going to EAP670

- Run the EAP670 in standalone mode and examine logs

I saw this issue in one other thread in the forum but it was inconclusive what resolved (or didn't resolve) the issue. Any experience or thoughts on this issue would be highly appreciated!

EDITED TO ADD:

The threads I've come across with similar issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/532068

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/223458

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP670 continuously "changing LAN IP address/mask" and being readopted to controller
2022-09-15 08:12:31

@dakev1 

Has the IP address of the EAP actually changed?
Has the local OC200 been rebooted, etc.? Is there a reboot schedule?

Do you still have a problem now that you have set the EAP to a static IP?

Try connecting the EAP670 to the same cable as the EAP615, perhaps there is a problem with the quality of the cable.

Can the disconnection be felt on the actual use of the EAP?
Or is it just a problem with the Log display?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP670 continuously "changing LAN IP address/mask" and being readopted to controller
2022-09-15 15:54:57 - last edited 2022-09-15 17:58:00

@Virgo 

Thanks for the reply.

- No change in the actual IP when this message occurs. Message is always identical - "The LAN IP address/mask of EAP670 were changed to 10.0.1.102/255.255.255.0."

- No reboot schedule on the OC200 and it doesn't seem to be rebooting when the above event occurs. Perhaps a factory reset is in order, though.

- Even after changing the EAP to static IP the issue persists.

- I'll attempt switching the cable today and see what happens.

- I believe when this occurs it does cause a hiccup for connected devices. I've just enabled "History" on the controller for a Client I know is connected to the EAP670, so will see what happens the next time connection and readoption occurs.

EDITED TO ADD: Now that I'm getting familiar with the Omada Controller UI I've checked the Statistics page, in which you can clearly see the majority of clients drop from the EAP each time it goes through the LAN IP/Change -> Readoption -> Connection. It seems that the connections for a few clients persist... but the bulk are shown to jump over to my only other AP (615Wall) at the other end of the building, and in so doing get a far weaker connection until they migrate back to the EAP670.

Options
2022-09-16 05:56:40

@dakev1 

You can also try to optimise your network environment.
Set the 5G channel for the EAP to a different one, preferably 1.6.11 for the 2.4G channel.

The channel width can be set to 20M.

Set the Tx power of the EAPs that are further away to a smaller setting.

You can go to Wireless Networks -----AI WLAN Optimization to optimise your network in this screen.

Also if there are any new developments in changing the ethernet cable or setting up a static IP, please share with us to know.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-09-16 13:37:32

@Virgo 

Hi, I did swap out the 7' CAT6 cable leading to the AP for another last night. As of now there have not been any issues. Fingers are crossed.

I do plan to experiment with the Tx power of the more remote AP, but first hoping to isolate the issue. I will keep posted on stability with the new cable!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 4