EAP615 Wall mount for whole house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 01:03:17
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Looking into wifi replacement for my 3 story house (basement, main floor, upstairs). Currently have a single AP on main floor, on top of a TV entertainment center. Get no coverage in basement and fair to poor coverage upstairs. Like Omada line because I have about a dozen wired connections in the house. However, ceiling mount AP's is out of the question. 

So my questions are, can I cover my house (aprox. 2800 sq ft.) with a bunch of EAP615's? What is the coverage of these devices? How should they be placed to get the full mesh capability? I also need backyard coverage. How to I accomplish that?

Thank you. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP615 Wall mount for whole house
2022-09-15 08:44:56

@juryman 

The Wall Series EAPs have a 10m WiFi coverage radius and the Wall Series EAPs do not support Mesh functionality.wink
Outdoor coverage requires additional consideration for outdoor series EAPs such as the EAP225-Outdoor.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-09-16 02:40:55

@Virgo Thank you. 

If the wall mount cant do mesh, then can anyone tell me if a ceiling mount AP can be placed on a table or shelf facing up towards the ceiling? 

Options
2022-09-16 06:06:31

@juryman 

Not sure if this is possible as I haven't heard of it being used this way, but Ceiling EAP's signal is mainly concentrated on the front panel, so it's best to keep the client within the EAP's signal coverage angle to ensure performance.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3