Wireless channels Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 00:02:38
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just purchased an EAP610(EU) outdoor and a couple of EAP235wall(US) APs and the channel selections are different on both even though my location is set correctly to Australia. On the EU outdoor AP the 5Ghz channels are 35-64 & 100-128. All of these channels are either for indoor use or DFS in Australia so none of them are suitable to use. Where are the higher channels 149-161 which are legal in Australia and why can't we have all our legal channels available for use please? I realise the FCC forced a lot of restrictions on manufacturers a few years back but these are legal channels in Australia and all your competition makes them available. I'd love to see an AU or international version of all your equipment.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wireless channels Australia
2022-10-11 00:25:56

@webtron - 3 weeks and no reply that's a joke. I just found your thread after making my own....

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/584918

This topic needs attention and TP-Link needs to fix this immediately.

Options
2022-10-11 00:43:47

@Aus-wifi-guy We have confirmation from our supplier that the only Omada APs that are US version they stock are the EAP-235 Wall https://www.tp-link.com/au/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap235-wall/  and the EAP-615 Wall

What I don't get is why no one will import the external gear with the US channel range, which is a lot better than the EU restricted ones.

FYI the TPlink vdsl modems we get here are the same EU channel restrictions too.

Options
2022-10-11 12:49:28

@webtron I just got a reply from TP-Link support below, but I will not be letting this go. My Distributor didn't seem to know about the issue, and if there is not a firmware fix for this fairly quickly I'll be sending back all my stock and reporting these to the ACMA for non compliance.

I'll also be calling every Australian distributor to alert them of the issue and that a disclaimer must to be made before selling these products or they should stop selling non-compatible Omada products in Australia.

It's sad that there are so many people who have noticed this issue over time and have just accepted that 'that is just how it is', when it really is not acceptable.

Hello and thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

Upon checking, for EAP225 (EU), the band 4 from channel 149-channel 165 are not supported or usable.
While the EAP225(US) supports the 5G baad 4, so you can use these channels before.

Thanks for your support and cooperation, and have a wonderful day! 
We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please feel free to let us know.
Please expect the email reply within 1 business day.  For urgent assistance please contact our Live Chat /Phone support with your ticket reference number.

Options
2022-10-11 21:11:12

@Aus-wifi-guy Looks like TP-links usual acknowledge and do nothing about it reply they always trot out about this issue. Good luck

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 4

Related Articles