EAP620 HD Slow Upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP620 HD Slow Upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP620 HD Slow Upload
EAP620 HD Slow Upload
2022-09-20 00:53:20
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20211025 Rel. 45439(5553)

I just set up a new EAP620 HD today behind a ER605 router. I have AT&T fiber with gigabit up/down. When plugged directly into the router I get 900 Mbps plus up/down. When connected to the EAP, the download speed is good, but the upload speed is always 1/3 to 1/2 of the download speed. Tested several different devices, same result. I've seen several other complaints of slow upload speed from other TPLink devices, so I'm guessing this is a known issue for them, or I have a bad unit. Any configuration changes anyone can suggest? I'm using it with default configuration, except went up to WPA2/WPA3.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP620 HD Slow Upload
2022-09-20 05:55:24

@Mr.-Wolfe 

You have 900Mbps Upload speed with Ethernet connection? How you test the speed, via speedtest.net?

I don't have 1G bandwidth on my site, but some people shared an article to me before, that can check the speed performance of the EAP.

How to use iPerf to test the speed between the EAP and the wireless client

Note you need to create a 5Ghz only SSID, to make sure client devices can enjoy 5Ghz bandwidth from the EAP.

Options
2022-09-20 14:21:52

@Somnus Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tested with speedtest.net and Google's speed test across four different devices (2 Windows computers, 2 iOS devices). I've tested from directly under the AP to further away. The results are always the same--uploads are about 1/3 to 1/2 speed of downloads. I'm also noticing what seem like a high number of transmit and receive errors. I do not have this issue if I swap the EAP620 for a Cisco 240AC access point. I could do the iperf test, but if the Cisco doesn't have the issue, it seems like the EAP must either have a hardware or configuration issue. Thanks again.

Options
2022-10-22 16:26:51 - last edited 2022-10-22 16:27:15

@Mr.-Wolfe 

.Connection speed in megabits, download speed is always in megabytes. 1 megabyte is equal to 8 megabits. 900megabits\s =112megabytes\s ...these are very serious figures, I think even the model of the commentator and the gateway affects here. I assume you have about 30 megabytes\s download speed? To be honest, I would be content with that. Alternatively, connect the computer with a wire to the commentator and try downloading the file, if it is at least 100 megabytes \ s, then this is definitely the case at the access point
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 3