TL-R600VPN corrupted firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-21 23:32:19
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4

Hi Everyone,

my TL-R600VPN router won't boot, getting various error messages on the 4 pin console at powerup ("*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment", "[    3.200000] SQUASHFS error: xz_dec_run error, data probably corrupt", "[    3.200000] SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x257c36").

The flash chip can be read from / written to with an external programmer (so there is no sign of any HW error), but I don't have the original/correct content for it.

Could anyone help my locate/upload/send it to me (or offer other solutions)?

As a sidenote, I also tried the tftpboot method with the .bin file (from the official support page), the file was loaded to the RAM succesfully, but after copying it to the flash, it was giving me "Bad Magic Number" errors at bootup (it probably wasn't the right file to use, but I had nothing to lose, I can reprogram the flash directly).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Geza

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 0