Question about provisionning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 12:53:55
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have an OC 200 to manage WiFi AP from several sites (connected with VPN).

I note that, when the VPN or OC200 is down, the AP can not provide. Is there a "backup mode" where the AP can run with the last provisionned configuration? Then the AP can run if the VPN or OC200 is down?

Which port is used to the provisionning? I could provision via Internet instead of VPN...

What about  routeurs managed via OC200? (I have no provisonned routeur yet but I think about it), how could then run without provisionning and both be managed with the OCN200 ?

Thanks for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Question about provisionning
2022-09-26 07:11:09

@jocodis 

1. DId you enable something like Portal Authentication? I have EAP225 and the AP can still work with existing settings even though the controller offline;

2. Port 29810-29814

3. The router is using the same port as EAP. Also the router can still work even the controller disconnect

Options
Re:Question about provisionning
2022-09-27 14:45:59

@Somnus

Thanks for your help.

I have a local portal auth only for guest Wifi. 

I meant than, when the controller is offline and when I reboot an ifi AP, the AP tries normally to provision but fails because the controller is offline, then Wifi is off until the controller goes online and the AP can provision. That's the problem and I would know if it's the same with the routers managed with a controller or of there is a "security" to prevent those fails.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2