Can't access TL-SG2428P switch from different subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 19:08:14
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TPLink TL-SG2428P switch. Port 1 is trunk port for 3 VLANs and the LAN. The LAN is the default assignment for all ports on the switch and the switch's static IP for management is on the LAN at 192.168.10.2. Several ports are configured as untagged ports for the VOIP VLAN, one is tagged with 3 VLANs for the TPLink WiFi AP. Currently I can only access the web UI of the switch from devices on the same subnet as the LAN (192.168.10.0/24). It does not respond to pings from devices any subnet other than 192.168.10.0/24. How to enable access to the switch from other subnets? i.e. my LAN3 VLAN is on a different subnet and there is a firewall rule in place to allow traffic from LAN3 to the LAN where the switch is located, and devices on LAN3 have no problem accessing other IPs on the LAN, EXCEPT for the TPLink switch.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't access TL-SG2428P switch from different subnet
2022-09-26 07:22:43

@telcoguy 

You will need to create LAN interface on L3 features->Interface page.

Here is an article for other configurations, but it contains the L3 interface steps.

Options
2022-10-07 13:00:10

@Somnus I already created a static IP interface for the LAN in L3 Features>Interface. The switch can be accessed through this interface IP but only from other devices on the LAN. I need it to also accept traffic from other subnets because the firewall allows inter communication between one of the VLANs and the LAN but the switch blocks administration access from other subnets.

Oddly, when I created another interface but this time for one of the VLANs, and it was set as DHCP, I could access the switch from my VPN and other subnets etc. As soon as I switched this VLAN's created interface to STATIC IP, the switch rejefcted all requests to access it. It only liked the DHCP on VLAN for access.

Options
2023-01-30 18:52:18

@telcoguy I was able to connect from a different VLAN when I added a static route as follows ...

Destination - 0.0.0.0, Subnet Mask - 0.0.0.0, Next Hop - Your Default Gateway, Distance - 1

When I had the distance at 255 (I believe that was the default for these switches) I couldn't see the switch from a different VLAN.

Options
2023-02-28 20:10:12

@dwesley1 

Sorry for my ignorance, I have a similar problem, but I only have the ER605 gateway and the SG2428 switch, and I can't see the L3 layer options.

To create static route in omada?

Thanks!.

Options