Omada Controller 5.5.6 adopts my EAP225, but clients will not re-associate.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 22:32:39
Tags: #Firmware Update #AC1350
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.9

I have 6 EAP225 (AC1350). Four indoor and two outdoor. All connected to the same switch and all in the same LAN. Nothing fancy.

I have been using individual web management and everything have been working just fine for years.

I thought I would give the software controller a try because my home network will soon be growing and I'll be adding a few more APs and setting up a few VLANs. Anyway, I installed OC 5.5.6 and the first time I ran it, it found all my APs and all their statuses were "PENDING". It also let me know that I needed to update their firmware. This was understanable because they have been running for a few years with the original firmware, 2.7.0. I updated all the APs to 5.0.9, after confirming Ver compatability, etc and all the firmware updates went smoothly.

Opened OC back up and it seemed satisfied with the firmware updates also...no more warning message. I adopted a single AP just to test things out. The adoption went just fine, or so it seemed. The client list was empty after the adoption was completed. I reset a couple of clients, and they connected just fine, but not to the newly adopted AP. They all associated with one of my other APs.

I went ahead and had OC forget that AP. I then reloaded my backup config to it, reset a couple of clients and they immediately reassociated back with the AP once it was not being managed by OC anymore. 

Am I missing something obvious that I need to change in the config after the adoption? I did the same procedure above with 2 other APs and the exact same symptoms and results occured, so it's not something related to just an individual AP.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Controller 5.5.6 adopts my EAP225, but clients will not re-associate.
2022-09-24 23:28:52

@cajunvoyage 

Unfortunatly, all wireless and other settings are not ported into the controler during device adoption and need to be reentered manually. 

Kris K
Options
Re:Omada Controller 5.5.6 adopts my EAP225, but clients will not re-associate.
2022-09-24 23:36:35

That's too bad.

I'll try again and go through the entire config.

Thanks for the reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 2

Tags